Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'm back baby!!!!

I was SO excited to be back to the village this week! While I was in the hospital many of my fellow teachers called and sent text messages to say they were thinking of me. And this week it was amazing to see them all again. I was given an extremely warm welcome back home.

Gogo and Mkhulu (who called almost every day to see how I was) bear hugged me at the gate. It was the same response I got from my naughty little 3rd graders. They are usually quite reserved, but they pelted me with tight hugs and sticky kisses... And I loved ever moment of it. I really missed them.

So the rest of my week was spent helping out in the classroom, and digging in the garden. Instead of writing a long blog I thought I would post a few pictures!



Here you can see Prince Jabulane (a community member) helping with the garden. He was really grateful for the gardening gloves that I was able to bring with me! Everyone got new ones to use! This is thanks to all my friends and family who sent them :) Love you guys!!!!



Oh, it's also Avocado season! We have a huge tree in our backyard that we have REALLY been enjoying!!!

There is also a picture of me at my first attempts of brick laying (which is much harder than it looks--at least for me). We still have a long way to go, it looks like I'm going to spend most of next week digging in the dirt again. More pictures to come!



Hope you all have a blissful week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment